It’s another week and another Blogger Secret Ingredient.🙂 Week 56 to be exact.
Thank you, Julie, for selecting me to host this weeks secret ingredient. As a reminder, here is how all the fun goes down:
Each week, a new host picks an ingredient and anyone (food blogger or not) can submit a recipe.
- The host picks an ingredient, preferably one that is in season, readily available, and not too expensive.
- The host links back to all the other previous weekly hosts.
- Participants create a unique recipe using the BSI and e-mail the host with their recipes.
- You do not have to have a food blog to participate, and you do not have to submit a photograph (although it is preferred).
- If you don’t have a blog, you can submit your recipe to the host, and she will post your recipe for you on her blog.
- The host reviews the recipe submissions by Sunday night of each week.
- The hosts pick a recipe that is her favorite.
- The host posts the winner Monday morning and sends the winner a token prize of her choosing.
Make sure you visit all of these fabulous bloggers that have hosted the secret ingredient week in the past.
Week 55: Savvy Eats– Maple Syrup
Week 54: Sound Eats – Dried Fruit
Week 53: MegaNerdRuns – Acorn Squash
Week 52: Healthy Tipping Point – Pancake Mix
Week 51: Live, Laugh Eat – Almond Butter
Week 50: Balance, Joy and Delicias! – Cauliflower
Week 49: Healthy San Diego Living – Chickpeas
Week 48: Thought 4 Food – Yogurt
Week 47: London Foodie in New York – Chocolate
Week 46: Johnstone’s Vin Blanc – Oats
Week 45: Guilty Kitchen – Figs
Week 44: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet – Peanut Butter
Week 43: The Sophisticated Gourmet – Brown Sugar
Week 42: My Kitchen Addiction – Lime
Week 41: Nutmeg Nanny – Coffee
Week 40: Chaya’s Comfy Cook – Broccoli
Week 39: Healthy Delicious – Plums
Week 38: Zoe – Feta
Week 37: ChezWhat– Potatoes
Week 36: Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice – Blueberries
Week 35: Girlichef -Greens
Week 34: The Ungourmet – Watermelon
Week 33: Bread + Butter – Bell Pepper
Week 32: Burp and Slurp -Corn
Week 31: Say Yes to Salad – Kabocha
Week 31 1/2: Simply Fabulous Now– Cherries
Week 30: Thinspired – Bananas
Week 29: To Be The Whole Package – Almonds
Week 28: Kristas Kravings – Lemon
Week 27: From French Fries To Flax Seeds – Coconut
Week 26: Plentiful Plants – Avocado
Week 25: Training Fuel – Eggs
Week 24: Dinner at Christina’s – Cabbage
Week 23: Hey What’s for Dinner, Mom? – Strawberries
Week 22: One Bite at a Time – Basil
Week 21: Just Sweet Enough – Black Beans
Week 20: What I Ate Yesterday – Kale
Week 19: What’s for Dinner – Orange
Week 18: Bran Appetit!–Spinach
Week 17: Tales of Expansion -Dates
Week 16: Biggest Diabetic Loser – Zucchini
Week 15: Sweet & Natural –Peppermint
Week 14: bella eats [and runs] – Ginger
Week 13: Coffee Talk – Walnuts
Week 12: For the Love of Oats – Pumpkin
Week 11: Trying to Heal – Sweet Potatoes
Week 10: The Inner Workings of a College Graduate – Eggplant
Week 9: Itzy’s Kitchen – Pears
Week 8: The Fitnessista – Cranberries
Week 7: Tri to Cook – Lentils
Week 6: Rhodey Girl Tests – Polenta
Week 5: Eating Bender – Butternut Squash
Week 4: Care to Eat – Apples
Week 3: On a Lobster Placemat – Mushrooms
Week 2: Hangry Pants – Tomatoes
Week 1: sportsnutritionliving – Quinoa
My secret ingredient came to me right away. So what is it you ask? Ricotta cheese!
Ricotta is such a versatile ingredient. It can be used for sweet and savory. My kind of ingredient.
Remember when I used it a few weeks back for my Super Stuffed Buffalo Chicken? I also have been meaning to make a stuffed french toast with the secret ingredient as well.
How you are going to use it is the most important question, my friends.
How to win/things to note for this week’s BSI:
- Get creative and get cooking and baking in your kitchen!
- Please e-mail me when you post your BSI recipe on your blog. If you don’t have a blog, send me your recipe and picture to email@example.com.
- The BSI winner will receive a small prize!
- You have until Sunday, November 15th at 8 PM EST to enter
- Recipes will be posted on Monday morning along with the winner.